- Write for a copy of "The Thanksgiving Prayer"*
- Make a selection of 6 of these life forms (e.g., Sun, Waters, Fish, Plants)
- Get everybody into small groups of 3 or 4 people
- Leader reads one thanksgiving greeting: For example: "We give thanks to all the Waters of the world for quenching our thirst and providing us with strength. Water is life. We know its power in many forms--waterfall and rain, mists and streams, rivers and oceans. With one mind, we send greetings and thanks to the spirit of Water."
- Then, in the small groups, each person describes one precious thing that they cherish about that life form, sharing how they experience it and what it means to them.
- The sharing is done popcorn style (in no particular order) within the group.
- When all have had a chance to speak (3 minutes should be enough) everyone repeats together the traditional words: "And now our minds are one."
- After a pause, go on to the next life form, and repeat all steps.
*Originally published as Thanksgiving Address: Greetings to the Natural World
by The Tracking Project, P.O. Box 266, Corrales, NM 87048